Sales Training Success: Pindar Improves Forecasting and Sales
Published: Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Sales Training Success: Pindar's sales management embraces increased confidence in forecasting accuracy and optimized sales performance with CustomerCentric Selling®.
Pindar began evaluating several sales methodologies when finding CustomerCentric Selling®.
The primary goals of the executive team included reducing the ramp up time of new hire sales people and improving forecasting accuracy. The challenges they faced in reaching their goals were:
- New sales executives came with their own way of doing things and everyone was talking a different language.
- Existing sales processes did not map to buying behavior and were based on older solutions.
- Marketing and sales were not in alignment and sellers were not getting the collateral they needed to sell.
- Sales people were not focusing on business goals or pains and offered up "features" using a demo, resulting in sellers being out of alignment with their prospects.
- Opportunities on the forecast were not closing and there was slippage in the pipeline.
The CustomerCentric Selling® Solution
In working with CustomerCentric Selling, the capabilities Pindar defined were:
- A common language and methodology with consistent, objective pipeline milestones.
- Scripted prompters that would align marketing messaging and collateral with selling activities for sales people as well as partner efforts.
- A model for diagnosing the buyer's business issues/pains with a bias toward capabilities Pindar Systems best provided while also gathering specific workflow metrics.
- A common set of defined terms combined with a set of process deliverables that would validate the quality of an opportunity.
CustomerCentric Selling® provided Pindar Systems with these capabilities.
After conducting a customized CustomerCentric Selling® Workshop with the entire sales team, Jim Naro (the CustomerCentric Selling® Business Partner) worked with the VP of Sales for Pindar Systems to measure the results, which included:
- Ramp up time for new hires sales people has been reduced from 9 - 12 months to 4 - 6 months.
- Confidence in forecast accuracy by senior management has increased dramatically.
- The average sales cycle has been reduce by 30% in the last quarter.
"Customer Centric Selling is an intuitive, natural approach to selling that maps very well to the way enterprise prospects go about buying. In addition, I've found that the more seasoned the sales executive, the more it is embraced and incorporated into their daily process. When the 'eagles' want it, you can bet it's going to produce effective results."
--Brian Murphy, VP of Sales for North America, Pindar
More information on Pindar can be found at www.pindar.com
If you have questions about this client, please contact Jim Naro at email@example.com
Benefits to Pindar:
- Ramp-up time has been cut from 9-12 months down to 4-6 months
- Average sales cycle has been reduced by 30%
- Significantly increased confidence in forecasting accuracy